Join ERI for Melissa Gerber’s New LIVE Webinar “Functionally Assessing and Treating Visual Processing, Visual Perception, and Visual-Motor Deficits”
Even as we continue to social distance and help stop the spread of COVID-19, we know the importance of continuing your education. We’re continuously exploring new ways to provide you tools to improve your practice, and are pleased to now offer “Functionally Assessing ad Treating Visual Processing, Visual Perception, and Visual-Motor Deficits” with Melissa Gerber ODT/OTR/L in a two-part live webinar on Friday, May 1 from 3:30 pm to 9 pm, and Saturday, May 2 from 10:30 am to 5 pm.
Join Melissa as she explores intervention tools and strategies to promote independence in both children and adults in a variety of settings including home-based, school-based, acute care, rehab, and LTC facilities. Case studies will be presented, and course attendees will participate in interactive discussions to solidify learning and cement clinical reasoning skills. A “mock” telehealth session will demonstrate how to incorporate these skills in a virtual setting and includes information on instructing and coaching parents and caregivers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze and assess the visual system to better identify visual issues as they present in students/clients
- Discuss the visual system’s role in sensory processing and its impacts on student/client functionally across all areas (PT, SLP, and Special Education)
- Identify various visual issues associated with differential diagnosis and strategies to apply to practice
- Identify when to treat, remediate or refer for visual issues and how to best share that information with the team
- Identify the differences between a visual processing issue and a visual deficit and its functional impact on the client’s daily activities
- Arrange telehealth sessions to treat clients’ visual processing, visual perception and visual-motor skills
The course is offered for 10 hours, 1 CEU (Intermediate Level). (Please click HERE for complete CEU details). Pricing: $369
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Proper Hand Washing Glitter Experiment for Kids!
UPDATE: You spoke and we listened! After learning of the negative environmental effects of traditional glitter we have updated the…
Fear Of Spiders, Snakes, Heights And Strangers Come From Parents, Not From Evolution
Where infants and pre-schoolers show fear of spiders, snakes and heights, it is usually related to the occurrence of the same…