Spring is here, which means plenty of chances to move and learn outside! As you stay safe and smart with your at-home learning plans, we’ve got a few ideas for incorporating outside exercise and play into your routines. Today’s activity: Alphabet Hopscotch!
- On your driveway or patio, draw a hopscotch course with 26 squares using sidewalk chalk. The exact layout is up to you – get creative!
- Have your kids fill in each square of the hopscotch course with the different letters of the alphabet. For some extra fun, have them draw a picture of an object that starts with that letter, too!
- Once the hopscotch course is complete, begin by calling out letters and having your kids hop to the corresponding squares. Have them hop in order as you sing the Alphabet Song, then call out letters at random!
- For more advanced fun, have your kids spell out simple words by hopping from letter to letter on the hopscotch course. Start with three-letter words, then gradually work your way up. For a challenge, have your kids try to spell the longest words they know!
At Learning Resources, we’re here to help you make the best of this challenging time. Stay safe and healthy, and check back with our blog for more tips and learning ideas as the situation unfolds.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Proper Hand Washing Glitter Experiment for Kids!
UPDATE: You spoke and we listened! After learning of the negative environmental effects of traditional glitter we have updated the…
Fear Of Spiders, Snakes, Heights And Strangers Come From Parents, Not From Evolution
Where infants and pre-schoolers show fear of spiders, snakes and heights, it is usually related to the occurrence of the same…